Monday 17 November 2008

The Weather Outside Is Frightful, But The Fire Is Sooooo Delighful lol xxx

Ohh I just 'heart' this image xxx
Over at Papertake Weekly it's time for another challenge and this week it's
Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow
The background was made using Cuttlebug snowflake die cuts which were given a generous dusting of Glamour Dust and stuck randomly onto a piece of card. Tilda was a RAK (thank you sooo much to the lovely girlie who did it for me xxx) and I coloured her with??? Yes you are right, although I am not sure how you knew it was PMs. The chunky snow is Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels (Ice Crystals) which I just love. Ric-rac and lace were both from Hobbycraft (or Hobbycrap as my girls call it - probably told you that one already but it does make me larff a bit). The sentiment was part of a Snag'em Stamps snowman stamp, but I just inked the words. So get the glitter out girls and pop over and check it out :))

So why is the fire so delightful????

Well, tonight, we lit our kitchen stove for the first time this year and oh how nice to sit in front of it after our dinner, watching the logs burning (love that smell!!) with a wee glass of mulled wine, complete with a stick of cinnamon. I could almost hear Bing crooning in the background - ba ba ba boom lol xxx When I've decorated it, ready for when the fat lad in the red suit comes a-calling, I'll take a pic and show you. It's not posh or anything, it's just cosy!!! Sitting there gazing at the flames almost made us forget that our bathroom tap has broken and we have just been told that it will cost about £200 to replace!!

Almost, but not quite!!!!!

Just as well I was very good on Friday then - grrrr!!!

Right I am off to finish me 'vin chaud' as they say in France (or vin warm as it is now lol xx) See you tomorrow maybe, if I can tear myself away from the fire to do a card or 2.

Hugs xxxx

33 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card lovely cute image, great colours. sue.

Macpurp said...

this is such a sweet card!
i love the sparkle!

you can not beat the first fire of the year smell!
we live in a cosy modern house but it has no fire!
central heating is nice dont get me wrong but its not the same!
stay cozy!!!

much love xx

Beth said...

Ooh, that sounds lovely Dawny, give Mulled Cider a go - it's even nicer!
Anyhoo - this is such a pretty card, I love the chunky snow glitter! xx

Rach said...

a fabulous card Dawny love the blues and the glimmer.
your kitchen stove sounds so welcoming...wish we had one..:(
though your tap bill doesn't sound so inviting..wow £200.!!!
hugs rachxx

~Emma~ said...

I'm coming round to your house...now!! LOL! Sorry I've not been around much honey. Have missed you though! Loving this card (fancy doing 50 more for me?). Big hugs Em.x

Bev said...

Oh this is stunning Dawny - love the sparkle and the lace and such pretty colours too. Fabulous!!

big hugs
Bev x

Leann said...

TWO HUNDRED QUID FOR A TAP???!!! Blimey, that must be one of them there solid gold ones... {Ha! Just noticed I actually wrote *them there* ~ how Welsh!}

And is it awful to admit my stove was lit at the beginning of October & I haven't let it go out since...?

Hugs x x x


Oh, love the card by the way! ;)

Penny said...

Snowy cards are the BEST and this is no exception, it's perfect!

Marcea said...

beautiful card hun, and gorgeous little tilda too. I am sat here imaginig I am having a glass or 2 in your kitchen ... let me just tap your postcode into my satnav (soz, didnt mean to mention taps, lol). Anyway hun, enjoy the cosiness and I cant wait to see the piccies
-x-

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` chick..Hope you had a cosy nite ....sounds lurvly...:)~X~

Enfys said...

Lovely card Dawny, that cuttlebug background is smashing. Your ferret story made me laugh, so it's not just me that has wildlife tales to tell :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous as even Dawny, I love how you have used the Cuttlebug snowflakes as background paper, brilliant. xxx

scotspanda said...

ahhh beautiful card dawnie, love the image, very cute.

I am lucky enough to have a logburner in my sitting room and O carft there so I am always warm and cosy :)

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card! love all the blues and sparkle! Sounds like you are in the Christmas mood already! Sounds soooo lovely!

Judy x

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh and this is so delightful. Super duper work my dear.

Katty Bell said...

Such a gorgeous, sweet card.... I've been away far too long, missed ya!
Katty OXOXO

Kath Stewart said...

You've done it again mrs...another stunner... and can I please come and sit at your cosy ingle....and toast my toes...oh how I love a real fire....but sadly don't have one and don't think hubby will appreciate the suggestion of getting one...dying to know what you bought at the NEC....and 200 quid for a tap...what is it solid gold or something.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Dawn I love the background, those snowflakes look wonderful. Your stove sounds fab, there is one in the craft shop and I love chucking the wood on it. Have a good evening

Anonymous said...

Fabby card Dawney!! and I'll definately check the challenge out soon!! :)

Oh.. and I wanna be at yours to share the 'smell' haha

Have a fabulous evening hun,

Hugs, Marlene x

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, love it.

Kim Costello said...

Fantastic card, love all the sparkle and great idea with the flakes for a background! and the fire sounds delightful, can just imagine it!
Kim x

Dawn said...

Cute, cute card Dawny - me thinks I'll have to get some of those Cosmic shimmery thingies!!!!
Wow you paint a lovely snuggly wuggly picture of ya'll sitting round the warm stove - get the marshmallows and chestnuts out girl!!!

Hugs

Dawn
xx

Cheryl said...

Such a cute image.....and you always do these images justice.....

Can I come and have a mulled wine with you please......I will be ever so quiet I promise......it sounds so cosy........you both have fun........

Pauline C said...

Another fab card Dawny - love the colours and those ice crystal thingies!!
pauline x

Sharon Caudle said...

Love the colors on this one Dawny! those glittered snowflakes look awesome! And your evening sounds like it was wonderful! Sorry about your tap!!! hugs!

tracie said...

oh wow Dawny this is adorable !! Love this Tilda and yor coluring is fab - gorgeous, gorgeous !
Hope to have time to play this week.
Hope your well hun
hugs :)x

Sam said...

Lovely card, really like the image.
~there is nothing quite like the smell of wood burning.
Sam x

LOUISE said...

Fab card Dawny, love the cute image. Louise x

Jo said...

You do make me giggle Dawny!!! and to top it, your cards are fabulous Enjoy your wine and the fire.

Kathryn said...

Beautiful Wintery Card -- love that image -- so adorable! ;)

Sue said...

awww this is gorgeous dawny:)

we have a coal fire so i know exactly what ya mean:)

sue
xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a gorgeous card Dawny that tilda looks so adorable. Lovely colours you've used and brilliant colouring as always. hugs Linda x

Jill said...

another absolutely gorgeous card Dawny, (sorry I been a bad blogger with leaving comments) I love the Tilda image and that gorgeous lace, ohh it's sounds very cosy in your kitchen just what you need on a cold winter night hugs Jill x