Sunday 18 January 2009

The Piggy Is Drunk xxxxx



You thought I meant me didn't you, naughty bloglies -
you know me too well lol xxxx


I just love this image and I thought I would use it for this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge, which is 'have a giggle'


Well I do like a giggle, and I do love pigs and this makes me smile everytime I look at it, so I thought it would be perfect. I know she's called Porridge but I changed her name to Esmerelda - a friend of mine had 2 Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pigs and they were called Quasi and Esmerelda and I think they are the coolest names, so I nicked it from her!!


The image is a Sugar Nellies image from Funky Kits and the papers are PP (Milk Chocolate Dots and then I ran the paper through again using a pretty pink solid). It's coloured with PMs just for a change and the ribbon and three little stone things are from my stash. I did the sentiment on the puter and that's pretty much it.


Here comes the angle .......


Now I have to say that my camera is playing me up something rotten (as is the mouse on my PC). I don't know what is up with it so these aren't awesome and I may end up re-taking them in natural light tomorra and see if it makes a difference.


While we are on the subject of giggling - well we were at the beginning of the post before I went off at a tangent about cameras and mice. But anyway, our Kyla has been been on top form today and I thought I would share this cos it really made me giggle xx


She has 2 buggies for her dollies and she had one doll in each of them and was pushing both buggies round, taking them for a walk (like little girls do). Well I think I may have mentioned this to you before but all her dolls are called 'Baby'. So Emma asks her as she is 'walking' them round, what their names are, just to see if this has changed. So Kyla tells her, pointing to one of them, 'this one is Baby Haydn (Haydn is my niece's baby and we all call him Baby Haydn), and then she points to the other one and says 'and this one is Baby Jesus'

We just collapsed - you could not make it up!! I wouldn't mind but both dolls are dressed in pink!! I'm sure the Lord won't mind though :))

I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who tooted our sale. Considering the short notice and the fact that our marketing and advertising campaign was basically non existant and it was mainly word of mouth, we didn't do too badly. We STILL haven't sold it all and we may well have one final sale in a few months.

I said I would do the random number thingie and I did and it picked number 5
which is Diane W so can you e-mail me your snail mail addy please chick and I'll get a little something nice off to ya to say thanks.


Well that's me done for today.
I'll be back manana cos it's Papertake Weekly time again - corrrr, don't it come round quick!!
Have a great evening y'all xxxx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is just `gorgeous` I love that piggy..(must check those out now.lol.........
and Aw what a `doll` is little Kyla...
lots of love to you all chick:)~X~

Donalda said...

Oh this card is just so adorable dear and I it sure made me giggle . Love it hon

Maggie Lamarre said...

this so kute
Thanks for stopping by
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Maggie

Cindy Haffner said...

How cute is that pig, sweet.

Kathy said...

I just had to come and see what your writing about in a drunkin' state!! (LOL) Adorable card!! I just love this image and your sentiment is too funny!! Love the story about the babies as well!! Have a great Monday if possible!! :)Kathy

Kath Stewart said...

loving this one Dawny...such a cute image and love the sentiment...loved your little tale about Miss Gorgeousness...out of the mouths of babes....well done with the sale...hope you get everything away eventually for Eloise....have you thought about a car boot sale.
Hugs
kath
xxxxxx

Diane.W. said...

OOO It's me,lol!!!!
I was that engrossed in reading your post,I got a shock when I saw my name!!! Thankyou very much :D x

Luv your card,those animal stamps are fab!!!
Kyla is such a cutie & glad you sold some stuff at the sale :o)x

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the drunk piggy, brilliant way to use this image!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

Jo said...

This is just gorgeous, the piggy is brilliant

jo xx

Tiff said...

Your coloring is superb!

Caryn said...

Aw - cute little piggy - he does look rather intoxicated.

Well done on the sale too. I SOOO wanted to get along but I had to take my little one to her friends party between 2 and 4. Wouldn't have had time to get to Chester and back.

I have passed on a wee award as I love your blog and looking at your wonderful creations. They have inspired me so much. Take a look on my blog (scroll down - it's below the candy!)

Dawn said...

Aww Dawny that pink piggy!! is gorgeous - you are too!!!
Look at his wee expression!! LOL
Bless Kyla - they are just so funny at that young age!

I have a wee award for you!!

hugs
Dawn
xx

SewSuzySew said...

I have something on my Blog for you!

Hugs Suze x

Enfys said...

Gorgeously funny card Dawny - Jozza sent me one with the same image on my birthday. I love the names Esmerelda and Quasi too. Your story about Kayla made me smile, Kiki calls her doll 'baby' too, you should hear her tell it off, sounds just like her mummy speaking :)

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dawn I love the image and your sentiment aww bless little Kyla the things they come out with are so cute. Glad the sale went well. hugs Jill xx