Wednesday 9 September 2009

Paperlate Weekly :(o

Ohh I am sooo late getting this on here. What a palaver!!! Between power cuts, kids and work, I tell you peeps I had a complete nightmare yesterday.

Anyway it's done now.

So this lil cutie is having her first airing and she is Susanne, one of the new Boefje stamps which are now available at Dies To Die For (there's loads of other new stuff in as well).

Check out the rest of the range here, and if someone could tell me how to pronounce Boefje, I'd be ever so grateful (I thought it might be something like Buffy, but I'm probably wrong lol xxx)

But however you say it she is verrry sweet I think. I used her for our challenge over at Papertake Weekly which this week is a sketch .......

... this one here.
Nice and straightforward and simple - just like me :)

But I think there's a lot of scope with this one which isn't immediately obvious and I have to say that this is one I'll use again and again.

And this is what I did with it.

Unlike most of the work I put on here, this is actually for someone (you probably could tell that and you probably worked out that it's for Erin lol!!)

You also probably worked out that she's been coloured and sprinkled with PMs and Glamour Dust as well.

I got the white satin ribbon at The Paper Mill Shop and it was £3.99 for 22 metres. We used it for card club on Monday and there is still loads left.


Most of the papers are PP, but I don't know where the pink gingham is from, sorry peeps. And there's the SU scalloped punch back again, which I got from the lovely Mandy :)

I used some American Crafts Thickers (Hobbycrap, I THINK) and gave them the bling treatment. As there wasn't enough space to put the dot on the 'I', I used a little pink gem instead.

The teeniest bit of dimension and it's done.

There is a great prize up for grabs this week and some totally fab DT cards, as always, so nip over and have a nosey when you get a sec :)

And have a great day. I am just waiting for the farmer to come and sort our septic tank out (soz to anyone who happens to be eating!!) and there is a heap of stuff to do for work so that's my day sorted!!! I am living the dream today for sure lol xxx

I might get chance later tonight to have a bit of a crafty half hour, but we'll see. I could seriously do with a few more hours in the day at the mo!!

See ya soon xxxx

15 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

this is gorgeous as usual and isn't she just the sweetest little missy...sorry you are having some crap days...know the feeling..speak to you soon...big hugs kath xxxxxx

Stacey said...

Well, it may be late but it is certainly GORGEOUS! Love this little image and your layout is as gorgeous as ever. Just delish. Hope your week improves soon babe! ~♥~

Katty Bell said...

Ooooh Dawny, I like your card and the sketch looks like one I might find myself having a go at once I've got a spare few mins :)
The spelling mistake was a freudian slip I take it? lol!
Kat.x

Patti J said...

So pretty! I love your style. You make such pretty, feminine cards. Each are gorgeous, and this is no exception!!! Great job!

SallyB said...

Too Cutesy for words...Septic tank?!!...Nice!

Jacee said...

Love this card Dawny, it's so gorgeous! and what a bargain for that ribbon, must keep my eye out for that, I'm due a visit to Papermill.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Dawny,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Dawny

She is fab and I love the colour combo the ribbon sounds like a bargain!!


Emma xxx

Maria Matter said...

wow, gorgeous!!!

blessings, Maria

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful image and stunning colours and details.
Hope the rest of the week is better for you.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely soft look to this card and that image is so sweet. I know who you feel, I've been busy too and struggling to catch up with all the blogs this week. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Marianne x

bumblebee creations said...

awwhhhh.she is adorable and you have gave her such a soft look-love it!

Radish said...

your work is just lovely, and I just love how you have done the bows on your last two projects. I would love to learn how to make great bows! my attemps are just terrible! Have you ever showed examples on how- to- do?

Sonia said...

Wow she is so sweet Dawny and what a briliant card. I hope you manage to find some ME time real soon.
Hugs Sonia x

Dawn said...

Awww this is just adorable the sketch is fab and your paper choice is just fantastic as ever...

she is a cutie pie!

Hugs
Dawn
xx