Sunday 18 October 2009

Autumn Anya

Ohh it's a cold one here today!!!
I hope everyone else isn't freezing their bits off like we are lol xxx

There's a seasonal theme over at Anyone For Anya today and our challenge this week is Autumn Colours. So I used this lil cutie - Dahlia. She is one of my faves and I gave her some rusty coloured clothes with my fab PMs.

You can get Dahlia , plus PMs plus loads of other fab stuff over at Dies To Die For, and don't forget to check out the offer of the day.

Tracy has also donated a fab stamp as a prize so nip over and check it all out. Plus there is, as always, some amazing work from the DT girls. :)

So this is what I did with me Autumn colours :)

I have to say that Autumn is one of my fave seaosns. I love the mists and the smells and the rich colours that you can see. I don't usually use those colours on the old cardage but I really like how this turned out.


I got these flowers in a pack years ago and I though they'd be perfect for this card. The gorgeous ribbon was given to me by my PTW teamie Mandy xxxx and the teeny buttons were in my stash.

The papers are both Pink Petticoat :)x

I made the charm out of some beads I had left over from a bracelet I recently made for someone. Gold chain would probably have looked better but as I didn't have any, I had to use silver :(o

And here's the funny angle pic.

So that's my card for today. I am off now to make a sympathy card. I hate making these and this one will be doubly hard.

I woke up yesterday morning to a phone call from one of my card club ladies to say that one of the other card club ladies, Cath, had sadly died on Friday evening. Cath was one of the Saughall ladies and she went every month to card club with her daughters. When I moved to Ellesmere Port, her daughters came with me but as it clashed with something else, Cath wasn't able to go.

However, she did manage to get to the September class and I was so pleased cos I missed seeing her. But then her girls told me at the October class that she had been taken poorly whilst on holiday. So I was deeply saddened to hear that she had passed away. I know that her daughters read my blog so girls, you are all in my thoughts right now - she really was a great lady and she will be sadly missed.

On a lighter note, Kyla and Emma have gone out for the day so Tricky Ricky and I are absconding to somewhere nice for our lunch later on. Although the word 'lighter' is a actally a bit of a joke cos you will not be surprised to hear that the diet is going dreadfully.

It isn't the diet's fault, it's entirely mine!!!

I stuck to it for all of half an hour then Emma came in with jam doughnuts and it all went pear shaped - which ironically is what happened to me. I must ask Santa for a good dollop of willpower this year, or I am destined to be a weeble for the rest of my life.

Ahh, did you see SCD?
Miss Trollop (allegedly !!) and poor Joe sadly went home. He wasn't very good was he to be truthful, so I'm not surprised cos he is to dancing what I am to Slimming World - not that I would ever say that to his face.

Fat I maybe, but stupid I sure as hell aint lol xxx

Have a great Sunday and hugs to all xxxxx

11 comments:

Enfys said...

Another fab card Dawny, love that stitching, squinting for ages to see if it is real or faux - no matter, it looks great. Hope you had a lovely lunch with Richard. Your musings always make me smile
lotsa hugs
En xx

Victoria said...

ooh I love the sheer ribbon in the flowers - looks stunning.

Sorry to hear about your friend Cathy, so dad, especially for her daughters.

Don't worry about SW - get back on it this week. I had a huge curry last night so I imagine I'll be getting a ticking off at image therapy this week!!!

Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawny....love the card and the colour. The beads are gorgeous... they add a lovely element....

Autumn is my favourite season...always makes me feel rather nostalgic and very mellow.

Mr P and I went out to lunch today....we sat outside...it was so lovely and warm......

It is always sad when someone passes over....nice people will always be missed......

Hope you and yours are well and happy.....

cheryl said...

this is totally stunning love the colurs and the carm is a brilliant added touch hugs cheryl xx

Kat said...

What a lovely card Dawny. The colours do go well together. I love how you coloured Anya.

Kat x

Kath Stewart said...

loving this colour combo...so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend....hope you and Rich had a lovely lunch and don't beat yourself up about your diet....tomorrow is another day....big hugs kath xxxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Anya Rocks!

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! You're so funny! Beautiful carde, Dawny! The colors are gorgeous and Miss Anya is colored so beautifully in fall colors! The flowers are awesome!!

So sorry to hear about your friend, hon. Hugs to you!!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous such fab colours and wonderful image.
I think Santa needs to give me Willpower too. I can't diet and I can't stop buying craft stuff.
luv
Debby

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

This is gorgeous Dawny - fab autumn colours - love your charm and flowers...and the image is just superb.

Sorry to hear about your friend...always so sad to hear things like that....xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny ,, I love the colous you used ,, choccy orange,,, lovely :-) Fab embellies too :-)

Am so sorry to hear about your friend,, sympathy cards are awful to make,, especially for someone close to you,,x x

As for the diet,,, don't start one in the New Year !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x