Tuesday 26 January 2010

Hold That Thought!!!!!!


No. it isn't me jumping out of a box lol xxx
Although come to think if it, there is a resemblance :(

No, this is the image I decided to use for this week's Papertake Weekly.

She / he (ooohh I wasn't going to look too closely!!) is the High Hopes Party Hippo and I think this image is just awesome!! You could use it for male or female cards I think and this is one image I will use again.

I used the good old bad boys - no bling or punches though (shock horror!!) and I quite like the result :)

You can get the image and a mahoosive range of PMs from the wonderful Tracy over at Dies To Die For.

So our challenge this week is a sketch .....


... this one.
Not like me to use round elements but a change is a good as a rest!!



And this is the old cardio.

I used my very fave ribbon which I got from my wonderful pal in the jolly old US of A xxxx
I don't think I will never ever tire of using it or looking at it :)



The papers are a mixture of Pink Petticoat's FAB Fairy Dots and Funky Fairy Gingham. The sentiment which you can just about see is one I use quite a bit, but I don't know where it came from!!!



And an arty farty angle to finish.

Just a quick post today peeps cos I am literally up to me bits in it here with work and other stuff. But I just had to share this with you.

Kyla came into our bedroom the other morning and spied a pair of shoes I'd worn the night before but hadn't yet put away (tut tut!!). Well the child is totally obsessed with shoes so off came her slippers and on went my shoes. She calls them clippy cloppies and off she went to the bathroom in them cos there is a stone floor in there and they make loads of noise (**%$**&!!)

She eventually came back to our room and said 'Grandma, I really love these clippy cloppies'. 'That's good', I tell her, 'so do I'. She then says 'Grandma, when you die, can I have these shoes please? So I had a little snigger then said very solemnly that she could. There was a little pause and then she said 'Grandma, when are you going to die?'

Waaaaahhhh, we roared laughing!!!
You couldn't make then up could you. There is never a dull moment with her!!!

So on that note, I'll love you and leave you. Have a great day and see you soon and if you get a sec, don't forget to check out the challenge - there's a fab prize up for grabs plus some awesome cardage to share.

Hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Sandi said...

I love the blues and how you colored that precious hippo, great card. Sandi

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card dawny :-) That image is really cute :-)

Love the story about Kyla :-) ha ha ,, don't you just love childrens innocence :-) aww :-)

luv
Lols x x
a little story for ya ,, when I was pregnant with Amy, Sean ,,, who was 4 and half at the time asked how the baby got in there ,,, and I said Daddy planted a seed and it grew into a baby. and he said ,, how did he do that ,,, and I said it's a bit complicated and we will explain when he's older, and he said ,, well ,, next time daddy's planting a seed come get me so I can watch how he does it !!! ha ha ha :-) don't ya just love em ! :-)

SallyB said...

Hi Dawny....I Loves ya big fat...hippo! Ah...Dear Kyla...thing is they say it in all seriousness! I could die laughing at my little one when she tries to copy things on the TV...favourite one at the moment is rapping "Ice, Ice, Baby" after watching National TV awards.
Thanks for you e-mail re: MS punch...I used thicker cardstock and I think I have it sussed now...my lining up is nearly there!
It's OK to the untrained eye...good enough for Jo Shmo public..I will post one up for your eagle eyes when I have it perfect!

Marina said...

This card is soooo cute!
Such a sweet image, beautifully coloured.

Hugs,
Marina

Ruthie said...

Ah bless - so you're still going then - gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "pop your clogs!" Rx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Dawny!! Such a cute image.

Mandy
x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous chubby hippo card and out of the mouths of babes...big hugs kath xxxx

Anne said...

Fantastic card Dawny, love your colour combo. Kids eh! Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL!!! Out of the mouths of babes! I love it! Fabulous card, my friend!! I adore that surprise hippo and must have it! LOL! So off I go shopping. My dear hubby says (very sarcasticly mind you) THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DAWNY!! HAHA Hope you're doing well, chickie!!! big hugs!

Simply Shaz said...

Fab card Dawn! Love the sketch too :)
Enjoyed reading the little 'story' too...lol
Kids come out with the nicest things...lol
Shaz x

CraftyC said...

A great card Dawny and loved your little story. My youngest asks whether I'm having another baby, I try to explain its middle age spread ROFL!
Clairex

Debs M said...

I received a blog award earlier in the week and had to pass it to ten people. (I can't put the picture in my post it's on the sidebar.)
I have awarded it to blogs i have found inspirational and/or created truly gorgeous cards!
Well done your'e one of them!