Tuesday 8 March 2011

Old Style Perhaps?????

Picture 005c copy

Morning chicskies – or maybe that should be duckies today!!!

Happy Pancake Day :)

The question is, which do you prefer ….

pancakes       pancakes-from-IHOP1

Well being a right little greedie, I personally would have both, snort snort cos I love em!!!! 

I have the tribe coming round later and we always have the syrup v lemon and sugar debate. Emma is a maple syrup girl, Richard prefers lemon and sugar and poor Nikkie is working so she will miss out (I’ll have hers lol!!)

But before all that face stuffing and smoky kitchen malarkey, it’s time to head on over to Papertake Weekly cos there is lots of lemon zinginess over there today.

Picture 001c copy

It occurred to me when I looked at the finished card that this is pretty much my old style -  it’s a quite plain no frills clean looking dude!!

Which I kind of like really.

I could not resist this little cutie and he is  High Hopes Rainy Day Ducky. He isn't on the website as yet but he is available from Tracy over at Dies To Die For

The Copics I used and which IRL do look blended (what happened to the pic????) are -

Y00, Y02, Y03, Y08, Y15, Y17, YG00, YG01, YG23

Picture 007c copy

OMG this paper is just the dogs whattsits!!!!

It’s the new Memory Box 8 x 11 which is available from  Dies To Die For.  I used Key Lime Gingham,, Distressed Dots and Dots and again they are not yet on the website but are available :)

I used a couple of BIG buttons and also some pretty little Wild Orchid Crafts self adhesive pearls

Picture 008c copy

There’s dimension coming out of it’s ears!!!

Picture 002c copy       Picture 003c copy

Picture 004c copy

So that’s me done for today me darlins xxx

Before I go,  I have to warn those of you who use C Box that this seems to be the latest thing that the good old spammers have decided to muck about with, bless em.

I keep getting somebody on there who leaves a comment with a link to some website or other – I haven't been and I aint going but it’s probably one of those where you can get yourself a bigger penis or something !!!  It may or may not be connected but somebody hacked into my hotmail account as well and sent weirdie emails to a lot of my contacts (I am so sorry xxx).

So be careful chicskies.

Righty I’ll leave you with a sneakie peek ……

Picture 006sneak

… of my card for tomorrow.

It’s very VERY different for me!!

Have a great day, enjoy your pancakes. Eat loads, go on, it’s only once a year!!

Huggiest of hugs to all and see you tomoz with either indigestion or toothache (or both!!)  xxx

19 comments:

Seafield Jo said...

What a lovely card, such bright and cheery colours and such a delightful image.

I'll be have the original pancakes, got to be with sugar and lemon, and lots of them! Enjoy yours.

Jo x

Angie said...

Hi Dawny love your card super cute image and the papers are fab. i think i would probably have both types of pancakes aswell yum yum
Hugs Angie x

Lynda said...

WOW this is amazing - absolutely love the colours and that very cute duckie.

Love Lynda xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Dawny, I've ALWAYS loved your style, so this is absolutely gorgeous to me, old style or not! The papers are to die for!! And so is that adorable ducky! Your colors and coloring are perfect! Enjoy your pancakes tonight my friend! big hugs!
Sharon

Marina said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
I love this cute image and the fresh colours.

Hugs,
Marina

Marion said...

Just stunning Dawny. Love the zingy colours. So different.Fabby image and papers.
My choice of pancake is lemon + sugar
hugs
Marion

Little K Smith said...

A fantastic card, love the fresh spring colours :)
Kelly.x

allex said...

Oh Dawny, only you could make my mouth water with a card lol it's absolutely gorgeous !!! Need a pancake with ORANGE juice and sugar now !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

Miria said...

Hi, Dawny. Your card is fab, I love the colours and the duck is supercute! Hugs, Miria xx

Jane said...

Oh Dawny...I get so many of "those" comments. I dread to think how many potions & appliances I've been offered. Forget them & let's concentrate on your gorgeous of gorgeous cards!! Now THIS one is a real booty (do I say that every day??!!)I just luv citrussy colours...soooo cheery!! xxx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Dawny ,,, very lemon zingy ,, the papers really are the dogs whatsits ,,, fabulous !!
as for pancakes ,, lemon definitely :-) just going to start tossing now :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pauline C said...

Hi Dawny - love the funky lemon chicky! Personally I'm just sitting here blogging and trying not to doze off after a mega dose of trad pancakes with orange juice and sugar .. that's how we like 'em chez Carr - yum! hope youa re enjoying your pancake evening
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

I love your zesty card ...always a treat and a pleasure to catch up ....hope you and yours are well..and had lots of pancakes..
(hope you got your mail sorted out too) :) xxx

Lisa said...

Awh, this is so super cute Dawny! I love this color combo, so springy :)
Lisa xx

Donalda said...

Oh he is a cutie !!!! So love it dear. Going to have to go check out the challenge. Hope you are well my friend. Hugs

Candy said...

I love pancakes doesn't matter which style and I'll have plain white sugar on mine, thank you!!

OH BOY - do I love your card!!! The colours are FAB. Great dimension and love plain and simple - they are always classy ( even when they are cute little duckies )

Hugs, Candy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, fab ducky image and zingy colours.
luv
Debby

Linda said...

Hi Dawny that card is simply stunning I love the use of colours the white just makes the yellow pop and I just adore ducks he is so cute. Pancake wise I prefer mine not stuck to the ceiling which is what my children try to do every year lol love Linda

Debz said...

Such a lovely bright card.

I'd have the original pancakes with lemon juice and golden syrup

Debz