Wednesday 25 May 2011

Stars & Stripes + One More :)

 Picture 002c copy

Morning chickens and hope you are all well xxx

It’s the middle of the week and time to head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge where there is a whopping ….

.. up for grabs for one lucky girlie :)

We have a very patriotic theme this week and it’s

Stars & Stripes

The DT have made an array of loveliness and there’s lots of different ideas there so if you get a sec, nip and have a mooch.

Picture 001c copy

This is what I did.

I coloured Lace Jeans Tilda with these Copics -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E40, E41, E43, E50 (hair), B000, B00, B12, C1, C3, RV000, RV00, RV85 (clothes)

And the paper is a Copics thing as well. I just  used some finger lift tape and laid it in lines across some card leaving a small gap in between, coloured in the gaps with the pens, removed the backing tape and dipped it all in some clear glitter.

Picture 006c copy

You can see it here a little better.

I also  used my new Martha Stewart PATP punch,  and the funky star shape from the EK Success Star and Dove Christmas Punch Set (it’s not just for Christmas!!) and finished them off with a tiny bit of bling :)

Picture 003c copy    Picture 004c copy

Picture 005c copy

Now I did say in the title that there was one more and there is ….. cos this is my card from last week’s Simon Says Stamp Challenge which was

Sparkle & Shine

Picture 023c copy

I couldn’t post it cos I had no flippin internet - grrr!!!!

Picture 018c copy

I coloured this little Miss Tilda with these Copics -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E33, E40, E50 (hair), C00, C1, C3, E35, E40, E50,  RV000, RV00, RV85, YG0000, YG03 (clothes)

The paper at the back was ribbled (oooerrrr!!) and then I sprayed it with loads of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist

Picture 022c copy

I also gave the Magnolia Doily Flowers and quick blast as well (I’d also inked the edges). The papers are from the Echo Park SPRINGTIME 12" Collection Kit and I also used my old faithful  Tilda Lace Die as well :)

Picture 019c copy       

 

Picture 021c copy

So that’s me done. I’m off on another flyer but I’ll see you tomorra with something LOTV-ish :))

Have a great day and hugs to all xxx

10 comments:

yvon said...

Wow Dawny, these are stunning. What a great idea what you did with your copics. Your coloring is fantastic and i always love your bright coloring.
Have a sunny day.
Hugs, Yvon

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Dawny :-) Both are gorgeous :-) I love the striped paper on the 1st one ,, I will have to remember that technique :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mau xx said...

Hi Dawny, you are one of the lucky ones my ID is showing so I guess I can leave you this comment... Blogger is driving me mad :(
What stunning creations I just adore the Blue one, How Stunning is that... and the MS punch is just gorgeous on it. The 2nd creation I love the layers....perfection xxx Mau

Jo Nevill said...

Both of your cards are just fantastic Dawny. Just love that border punch you have used and your very pretty and soft colours you have used in your Papertake card. Gorgeous !

Hugs,

Jo x

Dodici said...

Love both cards!They are wonderful!
xxx

Jane said...

These are both gorgeous hun! love the colour combos! hugs, Jane x

Heather said...

They are both fabulous Dawny, I love how you've created your paper on the first one - clever girlie!!!
The colours are so fresh and Tilda so pretty.

hugs
Heather xx

Crafting Belle said...

Two more fab cards, love the idea of making the backing paper with double sided tape, copics and glitter, will defo give that a try xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Loving the papers and layout, you’re a STAR!! ;)

And your sparkle and shine card is absolutely stunning too!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, gorgeous cards Dawny and love the sweet Tildas.
luv
debby