Monday 13 August 2012

Didn’t We Do Well :)

Picture 001

Morning sweet peeps.

I hope you all had a fab weekend. Mine was quite busy really. On Saturday we had the Lili of The Valley Open day and it was brilliant – how lovely to see lots of you there and didn’t the shop look FAB!! Soooo much prettiness and all in one place too :)   Hugest of thanks to everybody that came to my classes – you were all so nice and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and I can’t wait for the next one.

Then yesterday was baby Thea’s Christening – I managed to sneak the pic above just before the service started. It was such a lovely family  day and everybody thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The service was really nice and the priest got the kids involved and gave them all a little ‘job’ to do ie holding oils, candles, directing the Godparents etc etc and it went really well. Thea was really good for most of it but had a little cry when the first oils were put onto her, but she didn’t turn a hair at the water. But just like Kyla was at her Christening, she was not at all  impressed with her posh outfit (even though she looked gorgeous) and we ended up changing her into something cooler once we got back to the hotel.

The weather was very kind to us as well so we sat out in the hotel gardens for most of it and the only downside was that my aunt is still poorly and in hospital so she wasn’t able to come. So we went to see her afterwards and took the baby and some cake along  so that she didn't feel so excluded.

Then it was back home, a quick change out of our glad rags and it was time to settle down to watch the closing ceremony.

It’s slightly sad to think that it’s all over for another 4 years and I certainly won’t see another British Olympics in my lifetime. But I think we did really well and not just our amazing athletes – the organisers can give themselves mahoosive pats on the back as well  because  it all went pretty smoothly.

The closing ceremony itself was brilliant and I could not pick my fave bit really, apart from  Boris dancing and Queen (even though Jessie J got on me pip a bit – major attention seeker me thinks!!!).

But the real stars of it all have been Team GB – they have done us proud.  So I found this  on YouTube and had to share. It's nice to see them letting their hair down and I thought I’d share it with you and hope it starts off your week with a smile :)))))

 

See you tomorrow and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

3 comments:

Kim said...

what a beautiful baby! glad the christening went well!
Kim x

Nicola said...

Hi Dawny, it was sooooo wonderful to meet you on Saturday at LOTV, you're such a lovely lady and I learnt so much from your promarker class - perfectly organised and expertly executed!
What a gorgeous piccie of Thea, glad you enjoyed the day
I thought the closing ceremony was fab and great to see Gary Barlow perform so soon after his family tragedy
Hugs to you
Nicola xxx

Sue said...

I'm really pleased that you had a good weekend Dawny. It sounds like it was busy but lots of fun.
Baby Thea looks adorable, I'm glad the Christening went well and that you had good weather too.

Hugs Sue