Wednesday 8 August 2012

Eyes Down Peeps :)

Hi there sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It’s that time of the week when we nip over to the jolly old US of A and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week we are having a game of Bingo and this ...

… is the card to use.

This week, the DT have all featured Memory Box  products but of course you don't have to use them to join in. But we would love to see them used if you have any.

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here.

So …..

Picture 001 copy

… this is what I did and I went for the central horizontal line.

I used Tilda With A Gift For You which is from the Autumn Collection Falling Leaves 2012 collection.

Picture 006 copy  

I coloured her with the following Copics -

Skin – E0000, E000, E00, E11, R00, R02

Hair – E31, E33, E34, E35, E39, E50

The rest – E43, E50, R85, RV0000, RV000, RV00

And I added some glitter, as I usually do :)

The image is stamped onto a Spellbinders Floral Ovals Nestabilities die btw.

*Bazzill AVALON 6 x 6 Paper Multi-Pack

The paper is from the Bazzill AVALON 6 x 6 Paper Multi-Pack – love these papers because they have a nice texture to them and the colours are so clean and bright.

Picture 004 copy

The border is made from a  Memory Box pearl lace die and the sentiment is printed onto SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film. IRL you cannot see where it is stuck down but in pics, it always seems to show up.

I blame the photographer personally!!!!

Picture 005 copy

And speaking of which, sod’s law that this pic isn’t exactly fab, but I hope that you can see what I’ve done here.

The beautimous flowers are Prima Gillian Silk Flowers -  Raspberry with Glitter and they are almost too pretty to use - this photo does not do them justice.

Picture 001 copy

You can maybe see them a bit better on this one -  they really are some of the prettiest blooms I’ve seen (and they don’t break the bank either!!)..

I also used a Memory Box Delicate Fern die and chopped bits off of it and used it as foliage.

Picture 002 copy

Picture 003 copy  

It’s a bit of a plain card inasmuch as it isn't exactly laden down on the embellies  or papers front. But I really like how the little arrangement turned out and think that if I added any more, it would  have spoiled it.

Right on that note, I’m off to get some more work done and then we are off to see Emma and the dinks – they are back from Spain – hurrrrayyyyyyyyy :)))) I cannot wait to give them both the biggest hugs and squishes ever. R has been playing it down and saying that he has enjoyed the peace and quiet  but he admitted last night that he has missed them dreadfully, especially our Kyla who follows him around everywhere he goes.

They have a very special bond those two and he didn't fool me for one second with all his bluster. So before long it will be back to Dancing Queen on the Wii, playing shop and school – she is always the teacher - and her latest which is playing Next Directory!! You have to order things from her and she finds them in the catalogue!! She does have lots of toys to play with (honestly she does!!!) but this is her latest craze!!

Ohh I cannot wait !!

See you soon if not sooner and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

S

20 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. I lvoe the sweet image and such pretty papers and flowers too.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and your time with your lovely family

Hugs Sue

rachel said...

gorgeous card Dawny - really beautiful image and I love those die cuts xx

Jingle said...

So VERY CUTE!

Lorraine A said...

such a pretty card Dawny :-) Tilda is lovely and I LOVE those flowers and papers ! FAB ! :-)

what a fab game to play with Kyla, that just shows how inventive she is and proves that you can keep kids entertained without expensive toys ! :-) enjoy your pretend shopping :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Ribbon Girl said...

play8ing next???? oh I wish UI could join in lol, bet you're so pleased to have them back Dawny! hugs Mary G x ps your card is fab, I love those sparkly flowers!

Melissa Bove said...

Super sweet card Dawny!! Love that adorable Tilda!!

hugs...

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawny, love the colours and Tilda is a sweetheart.

luv CHRISSYxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is your usual gorgeous card Dawny! Kyla has such fun games I love the sound of the Next Directory one reminds me of when I was young and at school at the convent. My friend and I were always in trouble for being late as we played a game of choosing one thing each to give each other from the shop windows on the way to school - through a mall!!! xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Simply scrumptious Dawny! I love all the pink and the glitter and the image is just perfect! Just love that die cut frame. Hugs, Jayne x

Berry said...

This is wonderful sweetie what a cute card! Have fun with the family hugs Rebekah xx

Sharon said...

Hi Dawny. I so wanted to enter Simon Says Stamp Challenge but I posted my card to early. Just love your card. So beautiful.
I am so missing not being part of the Papertake Weekly Challenge it was so enjoyable.
Love Sharon. x

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card Dawny.
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my how gorgeous, Dawny! The color is beauuutiful and the kraft tag is oh so sweet!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Heather said...

Gorgeous Dawny, a beautiful card, your design and colours are stunning and I love Tilda and here sparkling dress.

hugs
Heather xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous, Dawny! Love that kraft tag!

Lin said...

Love her all dressed in pink! And those flowers are gorgeous, too, perfect for her....

PaperDaisies said...

Simply stunning. Just love colour combo. So pretty

Elise said...

Hi Dawny! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love all those pinks/whites .. my faves! Your colouring is so beautiful and details so FABULOUS!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Unknown said...

gorgeous card! :) Julie x

Joy said...

So sweet Dawny, just adore your card with all that pink...hugs