Wednesday 15 May 2013

Flower Power :)

 

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK today xxx.

It's that time of the week when we catch up with our friends in the US of A over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week our theme is

Flower Power

This week, the DT are showcasing Prima and CASual Friday products. You don't have to use them of course, but if you have them we would love to see them  :-)

And as always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

THANK YOU Heidi & Simon Says Stamp xxx

So what did I do then?

 Picture-002web   

I went with the Prima option and a fairly quick and simple card but I think it's quite pretty all the same.

The main white flower is a Prima Craftable flower which I did get from Simon Says Stamp but it was ages ago (years in fact) and now I cannot find these on the website. I'll keep looking and will update if I find them.

And the black pins which you can only just see are actually floristry pins I found laying about the place.

For the rest, I thought I would do the pics thing for a change today - sparing you my inane waffling!!!
So I'll leave you to check out the photies and see you in a tick ....

 

 

Picture-005web

The pink flower has a sprinkling of fine glitter which you can barely see in the pic
but oh my,  they are soooooo pretty :)

 

 

Picture-006web 

And speaking of glitter, I added a bit to the edges of the die cut here.
Sometimes I cannot help meself at all.

Perhaps I've been a magpie in a different life!!!

 

 

Picture-003web

I found an old dark pink ink pad which, like me, is just about ready for the knackers yard
but I managed to squeeze a bit of life out it to go around the pale pink paper edges.

 

Picture-004web

 

So here's the stuff that I've used today and .....

*Prima Gillian Silk Flowers RASPBERRY with Glitter 552961 Pink       *Doodlebug LOVEBIRDS 6 x 6 Paper Pad       *S4-356 Spellbinders FLORAL OVALS Nestabilities Dies

*Impression Obsession BRANCH Steel Dies          *Memory Box LAVISH BRANCH Craft DIE 98486           *Martha Stewart BRANCH Craft Punch M230367

.... it's all linked up - hope it helps peeps.

 Right we are done for another day.

Must just leave a quick message for Jane re the post yesterday - no it wasn't Saughall Church hunny - it was Our Ladies in EP :)

Have the most fabulous of days and I'll see you soon as soon.
Take care and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

10 comments:

rachel said...

a real beauty dawny - wonderful xx

Lin said...

I love that you used that big flower - perfect for our theme this week!

Jingle said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Dawny!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Stunning card Dawny. I love the design with that gorgeous flower and the sparkly frame looks wonderful
hugs Sue xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Dawny! Love the Pink & B&W combo and the touch of sparkle :)

*mwah*
Stephanie
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my! Your flower arrangement is STUN.NING!! I love it~

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous, Dawny! Love those dark green leaves.. so striking! :)

Melissa Bove said...

So beautiful Dawny!! Love the gorgeous design!!

hugs...