Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Simple Thank You :)

Picture-007w

Hi there possums and hope you are all OK today.
What a nice Spring-like day it is here in Chester 0 it makes a nice change!!)

So it's Tuesday which means that it's time to nip and check out what's happening over at the Papertake Weekly challenge and this week our theme is

New Year, New Stash

and all we want you to do is use something new that maybe you got for Christmas.
Or if you're like me and the fat boy in the red suit didn't bring you any new crafty stuff (cry cry!!), then just use something from your stash that you haven't used before.

Which is exactly .....

 Picture-001w

... what I did.

The sentiment is of course from one of the fabulous statement sets from Lili of The Valley - this is Set 44 - Statements - Just to Say. Now it's time for a bit of a fess up here. This isn't exactly how I planned this card to turn out but my sewing machine was playing all kinds of silly beggars and to be honest, and not to put too fine a point on it, I think it's knackered!!

So onto plan B!!

The papers are from a Country Lady 8x8 paper pad. I LOVE these papers with kraft card - you may have noticed  :)

  Picture-004w

The bow is made from 25mm Black/Cream Rustic Gingham Berisford No 10 ribbon and I coloured one of  those beautimous 14mm Acrylic Gems Aurora with a good old R59 Copic so that it matched.

Both of course from The Ribbon Girl.

 

 Picture-005w

I use a mixture of rolled and punched flowers and leaves with some Cream Kort & Godt Chrysanths (I popped a gem in the centre), and a White Beaded Stamen.

 

 Picture-006w

Here's another view.

It isn't my finest arrangement.
In fact, it's a bit of a dog's dinner, but never mind!!!

 

Picture-002w

 Picture-003w

So there we have the old card for today.

Kyla had a fab day on Saturday.
They went to the pictures where they ate loads of sweets and sugar,  then they added to the sugar rush with lunch including ice cream and fizzy pop (help yourself and they sure did)  at Frankie & Bennys!!!! I guess it's the eight year old equivalent of getting a tad on the tiddly side and going for a kebab or a curry!!  Anyway they had a blast and Kyla was so excited when they brought her cake and everybody in F&Bs sang Happy Birthday to her. Emma, bless her, had them all back to her house where they played twister and watched a One Direction DVD. Then they all had tea before they went home. She (Emma)has more patience, not to mention stamina, then us!! We lasted until about 3.30pm then we came home for some peace and quiet (what a pair of BOFs we are hahaaaa!!)..

Right I'd best be orf and get me work sorted.
Enjoy your day and I'll see you very soon.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

7 comments:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Fab card, I love the arrangement! The sentiment looks great too - I might have to treat myself to these at some point...
Rebecca.

Sammy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! such a beautiful combination of papers and kraft. Just love it! x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Dawny x Susan x

Debra K. said...

I love your card, including the dog's dinner arrangement- the dogs where you live must eat like kings!
I'm glad Kyla had a fab birthday and that you managed to last as long as you did. Debra x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Dawny. Love it.
Lorraine x

Kat W said...

Well, there was me admiring your gorgeous flower cluster and then you called it a dog's dinner - what?! It's fabulous! As is the rest of the card - the DP/Kraft combo is soooo good :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Dawny! Love the simple sentiment teamed with lush papers, ribbon and the perfect touch of blooms. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends x