Monday 27 April 2015

Handbags At Dawny : )

Good morning and a very Happy Monday to everybody.

Did you see the weekender on Create and Craft?

It was the launch of the very gorgeous and extremely versatile  Tonic Studios  stamp and die sets,  and oh my these are pretty.

So what did I do then?

Well …..

002

I made a little handbag, or rather a gift bag.


The dies I used to create the actual bag are the Layering Geometric Dies. 
I cut 2 of  the largest from white card and 2 of the second largest from patterned paper for the mat, then I just sandwiched a little box between them.


003

The butterflies I used to create the decorations are these ….

quote2   quote2

… aren't they beautiful?

I used the outside edge from Felicity and stamped it with the Laura stamp.
The beauty of these sets is that they mix and match so well so there are lots of combinations..

I stamped the image first using Crushed Olive then cut it out.
Then I painted on a bit more ink in a few places before adding some Nuvo Diamond  Glitter.



004

I die cut a heart aperture in the Layering Geometric die cut using the outside Paisley Heart edge  then cut another one in pink to sit inside it.
I find the best way to get them to sit snugly is to apply some DST across the back – you don't need to remove the backing tape – then just pop the other piece in and the tape holds it securely  in place.

The white inner detail is cut using the inner and outer edges from the Floral Hearts set.

quote2    quote2

Again these mix and match so well.



005

The strap is made using the inside and scalloped outer edges from the Beautiful Buckle set.



001

So that’s my little project completed and I hope you like it.


Have a wonderful day and see you soon.


Hugs to all xxx

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hiya Dawny
Gorgeous project, stunning.
Thanks for asking me if I was going to Port Sunlight, hope to see you and Rich their. debbiex