Monday 29 February 2016

A Go To Card

Good morning crafty friends and thank you for stopping by today.

I thought I’d share a card that I made while I was out on the road at the weekend at Farnborough,  and it was so lovely to see everybody there again.

This one uses a couple of not so new Tonic dies but they are dies which I absolutely love and which I think make the prettiest cards which can be used for most occasions – they’re what I call ‘go to’ cards.


 


DSCN1715 copy_thumb[2]

The main die used  is Tonic Entwing Trellis Bellus Buttercup.

You probably know that I love the little flowers in this set but this time I only used the inside edge.
I cut this from white card and then I trimmed it to leave a border.
This was then matted onto some
Tonic Essential Card Pack.
I used Magnificent Magenta but this would work in any colour.



DSCN1716 copy_thumb[2]

The little flowers were made from Simply Screens - Clematis Vine.

I just cut them out of the die cut piece.
I used 2 per flower – one was stuck down and the one on top was made by cutting in between 2 petals into the centre and then overlapping and gluing the 2 petals together.

I then topped them with a little button.

DSCN1714 copy_thumb[2]

So that’s my card and I hope you like it .

Have a lovely day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

 

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Dawny this is absolutely stunning. Love the oblong shape and the crisp colours and dimension on the flowers.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Belle said...

Such a pretty card Dawny!

It only occurred to me on the way home on Saturday, that the lovely helpful lady who showed me her guillotine on the Crafty Devils stand was you (I think all that shopping had addled by brain), so I just wanted to say thank you for recommending the Tonic Guillotine, I've used it already and it's fabulous.

Hugs Lisa xxx

Rob I said...

What a great card. Love the collurs. Thanks for sharing

Dawny P said...

You are so welcome Lisa and I'm glad you like the guillotine. I think they're fabulous. Thank you all for your lovely comments xxx